Monday, September 2, 2013

Freedom With Choice - it's rather Confusing :)!!

Well after a mentally draining period, I write to pen my thoughts here. Of Course, I could not be chilling out dreaming of the $$$ I would be getting. It was indeed a test of my preparedness, commitment and resolve. At one point, I was spoilt with multiple choices. All of a sudden the grass on the other side started to look exceptionally greener and tempting :). It later dawned to me that human brains indeed require freedom of thought, but multiple choice spoils it rather. This reminds me of our CET exams where you are presented with multiple choice questions and each choice looks appropriate ; however, a wrong choice would earn you negative points! Grrrr!!

Moral: You need to work through the answers rather than guess them. The same holds true with career decisions as well.

At one time, I thought of re-exploring my career choices (Pursue Higher studies, Start my own business, etc.), however I was quick to realise that with the amount of preparedness I am having, there is nothing more rewarding than to pursue what I am currently doing :). I am still at splits over my decision; Also, to substantiate my stand, I started reasoning out that I arrived at this based on social cum peer pressures, loss of stable flow of income and also that this is the conventional choice to take, etc. However, I have to admit that I am just trying to hide my own insecurities :P. "Fear of failure" is evil and requires a lot of grit and preparedness to overcome it. Remember the story of "Fox and the grapes"; If the grapes can't be reached, then ahem!! the grapes indeed are sour(sic)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment